St Peter's Church was built on St Peter's Day, 29th of June 1872 to meet the spiritual needs of the area of Lymm.
The Church is a fine example of Victorian Gothic Architecture with the Apse and Vaulted roof modelled on Westminster Abbey and can be seen for miles around with its tall, graceful spire. The fantastic stained glass windows at the East end of the building were crafted by Mr C E Kempe (1837-1907) and were inserted in 1894. Whilst the stained glass windows to the West end of the church were made by Mr A K Nicholson (1872-1937) and were inserted in 1907. Several windows were inserted as memorials to various people, whilst other memorials include the Processional Cross, Stations of the Cross and The Lady Chapel where the Blessed Sacrament is reserved.